Approaching the next signpost



It is the last day of the current year. That is redundant, it would be enough to say it is the last day of the year because the "currency" of the present time is implied in the phrase. So, you say, is this the way it's going to be in the upcoming annus? (and I mean that in the Latin sense of the word.) No, say I, I only meant to point out a more correct and concise way of communicating. There was no other meaning attached or intended for the observation above.

Fuck you! I know what you meant.

Just take it easy.

This isn't about me, it's about you and the way you write sentences. Especially the first sentence of a blog entry.

OK. Well, now it's out. You just don' like the fact that I write on my blog every morning and most of the time I have nothing real to say. That I just write anything that comes into my mind.

Congratulations. And all this time I thought you were unaware of how boring you were with your little blog and your little thoughts. That no one reads or cares about, by the way.

You know, you can be a really mean bastard when you put you mind to it. You have been...

Come on. Don't give me that; "he's being mean to me and picking on me," bullshit. It's the truth.

Is that all? Are you done? Good. At least you got that out of your system. Maybe we can get on with this. Is that OK with you?

OK, I'm back now. Sorry about that. That's been brewing for some time. I'm just sorry you had to be here when it happened. What? What was that? Just shut up and let me get on with this.

So anyway. No big plans for New Years. There's usually a lot of noise around here on NYE. Guns going off and fireworks. It's rural America here and I think a fair amount of whiskey and horses are sacrificed in the celebrations.

I wouldn't complain except it's scares the dogs a lot. Especially the big guy. Scout's scared of the noise the ice maker makes so you can imagine how he reacts to fireworks.

I'm going to wrap both of them in 6" ace bandages to see if that helps. I hear it does. OK, well I have to get to work now. Happy New Year.

More later,



Comments

Popular Posts