Monday Means Wonderfulness



It's a little later, about 1105 AM on Monday and it's snowing outdoors. How about that? It looks pretty but I would like best if it didn't get too deep. Just for safety sake. But it is pretty. I'll be talking to the fellow in Tennessee about some anatomical illustrations today and I must say that I'm excited to be getting a new project of that kind.

I'm pretty confident that I can pick it back up quickly but concerned that he not be disappointed in the final products. I've always undervalued myself as well. But I do look forward to it.

I love projects and the more unknowns, the better. I seem to thrive on a little pressure. It's like back in the programming days. Those were good times when only output mattered.

I called the guy, keeping in mind that it's probably three hours later back there and he was on the line with someone else so I told him to just call me back. He should be calling in a half hour or so. Therefore, this is the time for me to get my blog written.

I suspect that another reason I'm keen to do some drawing is that it gives me an excuse not to write. That's a shitty thing to think, but I am a little stressed that I'm not thinking in story lines right now. I will get back to it.

One of the questions I need to ask Bill is what is his timeline? I'm not sure how much I need a deadline even if I'd like one. I also will have to come up with a number for the illustrations and that kind of depends on their complexity and how many there are.

I don't know, I want to do them, but it would be nice to bring in a little money for them. I kind of doubt it would be this year.

It has stopped snowing for now. Ben hasn't gotten up yet. I think he's relaxing a little because he finished his first semester of classes and he's been working the weekends, then playing games the rest of the time. I'm sure he's worn out. He's picking up some extra work shifts during the month or so before the next semester starts. I'm sure he'll be goofing off a lot too.

Ashton finished her first trimester and pulled her bad grades up to a B so that's good. She's working hard at a lot of things at once and she says she's pretty happy now. That's so good. I was very glad to hear that. I've worried a great deal about her. In a lot of ways, she quite sensitive because of how much she cares about things.

She's learning though. Thank goodness. I'm glad she feels comfortable in telling me things that scare me. I better get ready.

More later,


(Photo by Jay Mantri)

Comments

Popular Posts